Our team has been handling cases related to elder abuse for over 15 years. Our team has successfully resolved many elder neglect cases by way of litigation and mediation and has authored appellate court briefs resulting in appellate court decisions which have protected the rights of the elderly.
You’re looking for experienced attorneys who know the law and how to help you. We’re here to assist you. We represent elders who have sustained injuries due to neglect or abuse in nursing homes, board and care facilities, and assisted-living facilities.
In addition, we represent those who have sustained elder transportation injuries.
Be aware of the signs:
- Bed sores or ulcers on the skin
- Head injuries
- Improper diet and dehydration
- Improper physical restraints
- Lack of cleanliness
- Neglect or lack of proper supervision
- Overmedication, the administration of incorrect medication, or the lack of consent for certain medications
- Untreated infections
- Weight loss
According to the State of California Department of Justice:
- The Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development has reported that one-fifth of California’s nursing facilities did not meet state-mandated requirements for staffing levels.
- In 2006, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services reported that twice as many of California’s 115,000+ residents are placed in physical restraints as are nationally.
- From 2001 to 2005, the California Department of Health Care Services found that two-thirds of all reported deficiencies caused or could have caused significant harm to one of more residents in nursing homes. More than half of all complaints in nursing homes are related to poor quality of care. Eighteen percent of substantiated complaints were related to mistreatment or abuse.
The Department of Justice summarized:
“Together, these staggering statistics and projections illustrate the urgent need to address and remedy the poor quality of care in many of California’s skilled nursing facilities.”
“In California, approximately 225,000 cases of elder abuse occur every year. Sadly, experts estimate that for every case of elder abuse and neglect that is reported, there may be as many as five cases that go unreported.”
We advocate for the injured elderly to hold accountable those corporations and facilities under whose care they are placed. Your elder loved ones are to be honored — especially during this time in their lives when they are at their most vulnerable.
WHAT ARE YOU ENTITLED TO?
These are the money damages the law provides that you may recover to hold those accountable for their failures:
Money Damages for Abuse and Neglect
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses past and future
- Loss of life quality
Money Damages for Wrongful Death
- Loss of care, comfort and companionship
- Economic loss to heirs
Money Damages for Violation of the Elder Abuse Statute
- Exemplary damages against the facility or owners
- Attorneys’ fees paid by violator
- Civil penalties for violation of the elder abuse statute
We are fortunate to have an experienced and dedicated team that will care about you and your loved one.